Alto saxophones are the most common types of saxophone used all over the world. Whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or professional, only the best saxophone can provide you with the quality sound.
However, finding the best saxophone is quite a tedious task especially when a huge variety is already available. The best Alto saxophone will be the one that suits your skill level, style, and budget.
But, you don’t have to spend days to search for the right one for you. We have your problem sorted. Our team has done tremendous analysis and testing for the available saxophones in the market and then has come up with the top best alto saxophones.
Best Alto Saxophones
Down below you will find the best list. We looked for certain factors like quality, features, tune, customization, etc when selecting the alto saxophones. We assure you, after choosing any of the items from our list you won’t be disappointed as they are not only professional recommended but also personally tested.
1. YAMAHA YAS-280 Saxophones Student Alto saxophones – Best Alto Saxophone For High School Students
Yamaha is popular all over the world for making musical instruments. The company is known for its quality and customer satisfaction. They make a variety of musical instruments like pianos, guitar, violin, drums, etc. And so is this innovative high quality best alto saxophone for students.
Moving on to the sound part, it boasts of superb intonations, gives a quick response, and its lightweight just makes it perfect for the beginners. The free-flowing keys add on to the sound quality and make the play effortless especially for people who are learning how to play.
You will get a sturdy case that will protect your saxophone all times when not in use and make it portable too.
- Gold lacquer finish body
- High F# key
- Comes with case only
2. Jean Paul USA AS-400 Student Alto Saxophone – Best Alto Saxophone For Beginners
- The Jean Paul Alto Saxophone is in key of Eb
- Comes with robust contoured carrying case for easy transportation.Mouthpiece cap: nickel-plated Resonators: nylon
- Beautiful yellow brass body construction with Lacquer finish
Jean Paul is another great brand known for its quality instrument. It manufacturers all type of top-notch saxophones and other musical instruments. It is under the name of a famous musician Jean Paul so its obvious for its instruments to give top-class music.
The instrument comes with a superior sound so you can use it for your solo performances or for your practice sessions too. The keys of it are smooth and quick that will let you learn the instrument faster.
Further, the sax has a EB key which offers a well-rounded intonation. All the keys are power forged to increase the durability and withstand aggressive play styles.
Lastly, along with the instrument comes with a carrying as, 1 Rico reed, cork grease, a mouthpiece, and a small maintenance kit.
- Two color options silver or gold
- High F# key
- Comes with exciting accessories
- Key of Eb
3. Selmer SAS280 La Voix II Alto Saxophone – Best Alto Saxophone For Intermediate
- SAS280 La Voix II Alto Saxophone Outfit Black Nickel
- The Selmer SAS280 La Voix II Alto Saxophone's fluid keywork gives it a relaxed feeling, while its perfect intonation and...
- The Selmer La Voix II sax' traditional-sized bell helps saxophonists keep their tone focused and makes blending easy
This masterpiece from Selemer is good for professional and intermediate players both. If you are looking for a high-end saxophone than Selmer SAS280 La Voix II can be a good option.
The model has a black and gold nickel body. Nevertheless, there are two more options one is the copper body with yellow brass and the other is the lacquered body. You can choose any one as they play almost the same but lookwise are different.
Coming to the sound, you get a perfect intonation and a great projection. Even with the high projection, the sound is warm and pleasant to here. You can play a variety of styles and genre and can also play along with bands.
Overall, the La Voix II is an affordable masterpiece for intermediates and also professionals.
- Three finish options
- Professional key styling
- Traditional size bell
4. Yamaha YAS-62 Professional Alto Saxophone Lacquered – Best Alto Saxophone For Professionals
- Free blowing
- Redesigned for fast response
- Beautiful tone
Yamaha YAS-62 is a high-grade professional saxophone. This model is an advanced model in which the frame is redesigned completely and new features are added to it for better sound quality and faster response.
The body showcases a lacquer colour finish. The shine of it is remarkable making it an absolutely unique piece of craftsmanship. It has a new neck design which makes it a great choice for advanced players. The new 62 neck’s design has a slightly narrower bore that provides a faster response and greater control relative to its predecessor.
Further, the keys are strong made out stainless steel string. This make offers a smooth quick response with an enhanced control time. In our review, we found out that this model is owned only by top musicians since the time it is launched. Its the intricacy and quick response along with sound quality that has pleased the musicians.
Overall, a top-notch saxophone that will please anybody who knows the quality of music.
- New 62-neck key design
- Comes in two finish
- comes with a case
5. Costzon Professional Alto Eb Sax Saxophone – Best Affordable Alto Saxophone For Intermediate And Professionals
- 【All-in-One Professional Set】This stylish Alto Eb Saxophone with E-Flat &High F# Key comes with a sturdy case, three...
- 【Excellent Sound Quality】The hydraulic formed horn with repeatedly forging makes our saxophone sound pristine and...
- 【Thoughtful Crafted Keys and Holes】Suitable for all players with different types of hands by the specially designed...
This one is a saxophone for intermediate and professionals who want to spend the least on the instrument. It’s not always the price of the instrument that matters what matters is the quality and the playability. And we assure you this one will give you everything for a good performance.
Moving on to the sound quality. The hydraulic horn is competent enough to make a mellow sound. Furthermore, the sound is strengthened and well penetrated via the enlarged mouth. The mouthpiece allows for comfortable breathing. However, we suggest you invest in an upgraded mouthpiece for the enhanced sound and easy playing.
Last but not least, it comes with a range of gears and accessories. The most wonderful is the carry case. Apart from this, you will get a cork grease, a reed, an aglet, a neck strap, etc.
On the whole, its a worthy buy for anyone who wishes to have a standard Alto saxophone at a low price.
- Brass body
- High F# key
- Key of Bb
- Comes with accessories
6. Glory High Grade Alto Saxophone – Best Funky Alto Saxophone For Beginners
- Whether you want to buy a saxophone for yourself or for your friends or others, this saxophone is a product of choice as...
- Eb E-Flat Alto Saxophone has High F# .
- Including: 11pc reeds, 8pc mouthpiece cushion hard-shell case, mouthpiece, neck strap, Grease,Screwdriver, cleaning...
If your friend is a music lover then we would suggest you buy this funky piece for your friend. Its budget friendly looks appealing, and quality wise great. Additionally, if you are a teacher you can invest in these saxophones for your students. Glory is a good name in music industry, its product won’t disappoint you.
Glory high grade is a key of Bb. It comes in 17 finishes, no other brand has a such a vast variety of finishing options. You can choose the color as per the liking and the age of the player. For example, if you want to gift it to a kid you can go for the blue option. Surprisingly, it also has a high F# key.
The sound is decent. It is not outbound but somewhere in between not too bad nor too good. That’s why it is a good buy for beginners who are still exploring the basics of the saxophone. Nevertheless, regular practice can help you play a beautiful sound in no time.
The review is still not ended. Along with the kit, you will also get 11pc reeds, mouthpiece, cushion hard-shell case, neck strap, Grease, Screwdriver, cleaning cloth & rod, and a pair of gloves
- A key of Bb
- Comes in 17 finishes
- Comes with exciting accessories
An Alto saxophone is the most common type of saxophone used by musicians. It is easy to play and light in weight for the beginners. If you are someone who is new to playing the saxophones purchasing a quality Alto saxophone is a good option.
Nevertheless, it is a mind-boggling task to purchase the best Alto saxophone if so many are already available in the market. That is why we have made a list of the best of the best alto saxophones in the market. We have chosen an option for everybody beginner, intermediate, and professional. So, check all of them out and choose the one that fits you best.